The Berghaus Dragon’s Back Race™ is an extraordinary adventure - the next race will be held in 2019. The dates are Monday 20th – Friday 24th May 2019. These dates have been chosen so that our sister event, the Cape Wrath Ultra™, can take place on alternate years with each event always taking place in the last full week of May.
Fancy a 1-year-out warm-up in May 2018?
Cape Wrath Ultra 2018
When was the last time you did something really epic? "This race is the hardest thing I’ve done, harder than the 10 day race in Australia or the Marathon Des Sables." - Ita, 2016 finisher Entries are OPEN!Posted by Cape Wrath Ultra on Friday, 7 April 2017
2019 Provisional Entry information - what's included?
The cost of entering the 2019 Berghaus Dragon’s Back Race™ is to be confirmed. The entry fee includes:
- Participation in one of the toughest and most iconic footraces on Earth
- A well planned and professionally organised race by Ourea Events
- Motivated event team, both volunteers and professionals, supporting you during the race.
- Emergency medical cover during the race
- Mountain safety team cover during the race
- Tented accommodation throughout the race
- Transportation of competitors’ overnight bags to each overnight campsite
- Transportation of competitors’ support bag to the daily support point
- Unlimited breakfast, finishing snacks and dinner each day
- Unlimited tea, coffee and hot and cold water for drinking
- Exclusive Berghaus Dragon’s Back Race™ high-quality event t-shirt and car sticker
- SPORTident digital race timing
- GPS tracking of competitors (friends and family will be able to follow you in real time!)
- Accurate, waterproof, pre-marked maps (one for each day)
- A detailed description of the route (one for each day)
- A GPX file of the route and checkpoint locations (available in advance)
- Parking at either the start or finish (with coach transport between these locations both before and after the event respectively).
- Celebratory meal on the last night of the race and breakfast the following morning
Pre-Requisite Experience / Vetting: The 2019 Berghaus Dragon’s Back Race™ is not a vetted event and we are happy to offer entries to anyone who agrees to our Competitor Declaration.
Each aspirant competitor must agree to the following Competitor Declaration when completing an application form:
I am an experienced off-road runner and believe that I have a reasonable chance of completing the Berghaus Dragon’s Back Race™ as it is described on this website, and declare that:
- I am capable of being self-sufficient and making safe decisions in the remote mountainous terrain;
- I have sufficient off road running, mountain and ultra experience to understand the nature of the challenge;
- I will apply sound mountain judgement at all times even if it means compromising my overall race result;
- I accept full responsibility for my own safety and any injury sustained during the event. These are not the responsibility of the event organiser, their agents or the landowners;
- I know my limitations and I am experienced enough to make a reasoned decision whether or not to start the event and/or to retire from the event rather than jeopardise my own or other people’s safety;
This could be you! 2015 competitor Will Buckingham-Burr traverses the infamous Crib Goch on Day 1 - image ©iancorless.com
ENTRY FEE OptionS
*Rather than making it mandatory for competitors to pay the full £t.b.c. entry fee up front, there is an option to secure your entry with a £t.b.c. non-refundable deposit followed by a final balance payment of £t.b.c. due strictly by the 31st January 2017.
As an incentive to paying up front, we will send you a free pre-race t-shirt (think 'Dragon in training' - details to follow).
Option 1) Pay entry fee up front
- £t.b.c. entry fee + free pre-race t-shirt + the option to defer or transfer entry.
Option 2) Pay by deposit & balance
- £t.b.c. non-refundable deposit + option to buy pre-race t-shirt + final payment of £t.b.c. due strictly by 31st Jan. Entries can only be deferred or transferred once paid in full
See the full terms and conditions regarding the entry fee.