The 5th Berghaus Dragon’s Back Race®:
Monday 20th to Friday 24th May 2019
These dates have been chosen so that our sister event, the Cape Wrath Ultra™, can take place on alternate years with each event always taking place in the last full week of May.
This exclusive and highly-limited edition of the Berghaus Hyper 100 jacket featuring race branding will be on sale when entries open.
First-come, first-served! SOLD OUT!
Read more about this incredibly innovative jacket - lighter than an iPhone.
The cost of entering the 2019 Berghaus Dragon’s Back Race™ is £899. An entry includes:
Update 01.11.18: The 2019 race has now sold out!
- Participation in one of the toughest and most iconic footraces on Earth
- GPS tracking of participants (friends and family will be able to follow you in real time!)
- Motivated event team, both volunteers and professionals, supporting you during the race.
- Your chance to earn a legendary Dragon trophy
- Emergency medical cover during the race
- Mountain safety team cover during the race
- Tented accommodation throughout the race
- Transportation of participants’ overnight bags to each overnight campsite
- Transportation of participants’ support bag to the daily support point
A well planned and professionally organised race by Ourea Events
- NEW for 2019: Sunday night pre-race Buffet Meal with the Event Team
- Unlimited breakfast, finishing snacks and dinner each day
- Unlimited tea, coffee and hot and cold water for drinking
- Exclusive Berghaus event t-shirt
- Car sticker
- SPORTident digital race timing
- Exclusive waterproof, pre-marked event map
- A GPX file of the route and checkpoint locations (available in advance)
- Parking at either the start or finish (with coach transport between these locations both before and after the event respectively).
- Celebratory meal on the last night of the race and breakfast the following morning
This could be you! Participants and event team gather inside the hallowed walls of Conwy Castle at the 2017 start ©Guillem Casanova
How To Enter
Update 01.11.2018: The 2019 race has now sold out!
- £899 + includes the option to defer or transfer entry.
- £99 deposit* + instalments of £300 (October 2018) and £500 (February 2019)**
Please ensure you read the terms and conditions before you submit your entry.
Men's #DragonInTraining T-Shirt - issued to all who entered during May 2018
Women's #DragonInTraining T-Shirt - issued to all who entered during May 2018
NEW FOR 2019: Courses
Don't miss the Boot Camp and Recce Weekends put on by the organisers - find out more
Will you find the best route through the tussocks of the Elan Valley? ©Guillem Casanova
Warm up for 2019 with 2017 film Conquering The Dragon
*Deposits cannot be refunded, transferred, or deferred.
**Entries (less the deposit) can only be deferred or transferred once paid in full.